Benefits of AAA Membership
Registration Information | What Registration Includes
Here at the American Accounting Association, our mission is straightforward…we bring together the academic community to further accounting education and to advance the discipline and profession of accounting. We achieve our mission through four focused areas:
Expanding Knowledge and Idea Development
- Encouraging and fostering academic research to create knowledge and ideas in the discipline, supporting career development and addressing the role of accounting in society.
- Professional networking, the latest research content and research tools, best teaching practices, an open forum for ideas on all accounting topics from all corners of the globe.
- Offering peer-reviewed publishing opportunities in our many Association-wide and Section journals and meetings.
Promoting Effective Learning
- Research Hives in the AAACommons create private workspaces for accounting scholars.
- Design stimulating learning opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students at meetings, in journals, and in the Teacher2Teacher area in AAACommons.
- Join any of our 16 special interest Sections and attend a Section meeting to meet those interested in a specialized subject matter or educational environment.
- Take part in any of our seven Region meetings to network with nearby colleagues sharing teaching and research ideas.
- Attend the Conference on Teaching and Learning in Accounting (CTLA) held during the Annual Meeting.
Informing and Influencing Policy and Practice
- Contribute to the academy and profession through active participation by AAA leaders and members with regulators, standards setters and industry groups.
- Influence policy makers and practitioners in public and corporate practice. The Financial Accounting Standards Committee, Regulation Committee, APLG/AAA Advocacy Committee, and the AAA/FSA Valuation Task Force, as well as many Section committees, offer opportunities to interact with the practice community and government officials.
Advancing Faculty Careers
- Earn Continuing Professional Education credits. The Annual Meeting, seven Region meetings, and twelve Section meetings offer a wide variety of CPE opportunities.
- Develop career strategies. Learn ways to meet institutional expectations in teaching, research, service, and leadership.
- Exchange ideas with scholars and practitioners from all over the world. AAA members teach and practice in 83 countries, facing the same day-to-day challenges you do.
- Connect with co-authors and mentors. Network with scholars who teach the same courses you do and research the same issues you're working on.
- Provide a unique opportunity for recruiters and registered candidates to meet at the Annual Meeting Career Connection and during the Career Fair that is open to all registered meeting attendees.
- Post a resume, access hundreds of job postings and manage your job search at the Career Center on the AAA Website.
Membership dues include electronic access to all three Association journal(s), The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education. All electronic journals are searchable and downloadable. For membership years beginning 9/1/2010 and beyond, Full, Emeritus and Life Members may add hard copy journals to their membership for an additional cost:
The Accounting Review - $35
Accounting Horizons - $15
Issues in Accounting Education - $15
Optional section membership also includes electronic journal access. Some section journals are available to Full, Emeritus and Life Members for an additional cost. Members may choose from among 16 special-interest Sections and belong to one of 7 Regions. Find information on these groups online at http://aaahq.org/srg.cfm.
Annual Meeting Home Page