Interactive Session Display Guidelines
Effective Learning Strategies, Emerging/Innovative Research Projects, and Research Interaction Forum presentations are based on a poster session format. Below, you will find guidelines for setting up your display. Each presenter will be assigned to a specific bulletin board where materials, samples, and handouts can be displayed.
It is up to you to make your display visually pleasing and to attract interest to your session. If you are new to the practice of creating posters, we highly recommend that you read the information found at the following sites:
Advice on Designing Scientific Posters – http://www.swarthmore.edu/NatSci/cpurrin1/posteradvice.htm
Detailed (and humorous) information on poster design dos and don’ts, presentation tips, links to other sites with poster-design advice, and links to printers specializing in poster printing.
Scientific Literature and Writing, Poster Presentations – http://www.people.eku.edu/ritchisong/posterpres.html
Detailed information on poster design with supportive illustrations and links to other sites on poster designing.
Here are some guidelines specific to the Annual Meeting sessions:
- The bulletin board's usable area measures 4' high X 8' wide. The board is fabric-covered and your display can be attached using push pins or Velcro®. Pushpins will be available at the conference. Please bring any other supplies you think you may need. The backside of the bulletin board you use may be used by another presenter. Presenters are discouraged from hanging materials from the top of the board that would interfere with the session on the other side.
- All materials to be displayed should be prepared before you arrive.
- Presenters are responsible for their own display materials and handouts and for set up and removal of their displays.
- No electrical support or Internet connections will be available.
- A heading should be prepared for your display. The heading should include the title of the presentation and the authors' names and their affiliations.
- AAA policy does not allow presenters to explicitly market (through displays or distribution of promotional materials, etc.) commercial products, particularly those in which they have a financial interest. Please be sensitive to this policy in your treatment of any commercial product/s included in your presentation.
- You may wish to provide a sign-up sheet to record the names and emails of attendees who wish for more information/materials.