Join the Annual Meeting Host Program
|Experienced AAA Members
- Do you remember the first time you participated in the American Accounting Association’s Annual Meeting?
- Was it difficult to choose between all the great sessions?
- Is there something you learned at that first meeting that could benefit a new member?
- Would you like to meet new people and help new members get everything that they can out of their Annual Meeting experience?
- Are you new to the AAA?
- Is this your first Annual Meeting?
- Would you like to learn how to maximize your time at the Annual Meeting?
- Would you like to have the opportunity to connect with an experienced colleague with the same research and/or teaching interests?
At this year's Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, the Membership Advisory Committee will once again offer the New Member Host Program. The program will match first time attendees with an AAA Member Host. Hosts and New Members will be matched by similar accounting research and teaching interests. The purpose of the program is to welcome new members into the AAA and acquaint them with the AAA Annual Meeting and all it has to offer.
If you have attended at least two recent Annual Meetings, we would like to encourage you join the Host Program and help our new members navigate the Annual Meeting. This is a great way to give back to the accounting community in a fun and collaborative environment.
If you have never attended an Annual Meeting, the session choices and the number of attendees can be overwhelming. By signing up to take part on the Host Program, you will be matched with an experienced AAA member who will meet you at the meeting and guide you through your time in Washington, DC.
Please contact Deirdre Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-556-4119 if you have any questions about the New Member Host Program.
Annual Meeting Home Page