Online Paper Submissions
The body of your submission should include ONLY the title and content of the paper in PDF format. The body of your submission MUST NOT include any identifying author information.
Ancillary files, such as tables, Excel® worksheets, PowerPoint® slides, etc., should be converted to PDF and appended to the main submission PDF file, prior to submission. Only ONE FILE may be uploaded at the time of submission. Free software is available to convert documents from any application to PDF format and to consolidate multiple PDF files. Download The Pdf995 Suite at:
http://www.pdf995.com/. For additional help on downloading pdf995 and converting to PDFs, click on
these detailed instructions.
- include a cover page with your submission. Information typically provided on a cover page will be entered on the online submission form.
- enter submission titles, author/panelist/presenter names, and affiliations in all upper-case letters when filling out the submission form. They must be in upper and lower case with major words capitalized. In addition, affiliations should not abbreviated.
- A 150-word (maximum) ABSTRACT on the online submission form only. DO NOT include the abstract with the body of your submission.
- Content of your submission in PDF format. The body of your submission MUST NOT include any identifying author information.
- Any ancillary files, such as tables, Excel® worksheets, PowerPoint® slides, etc., should be converted to PDF format and appended to the main submission PDF file prior to submission. Only ONE FILE may be uploaded at the time of submission. For assistance with multiple file submissions, please contact the appropriate Section Liaison for your submission category.
- Indication to which of the AAA Sections your submission should be directed. Choose the Section that most closely matches the topic area of your submission. In addition to AAA Sections, a "History and Integrative" submission category has been included.
- By establishing the "History and Integrative" category, we hope to encourage submissions that may not fit well within a section category or that will integrate across traditional domains. Please submit to the "History and Integrative" category if your submission deals with history research, clearly integrates across traditional Section topics, or otherwise clearly does not pertain to a Section. Submissions to this category that are deemed to be within the purview of a Section category will be redirected to that Section for review. Papers and proposals must be designated for one, and only one, of the submission categories.
- Papers should not be submitted that have been published, accepted for publication, or that will have been presented at more than one AAA Section or Regional Meeting.
- Submission of a paper implies a commitment by at least one author to register for and attend the meeting to present the paper at the appointed time.
- Presenters must provide an adequate supply of handouts or papers for distribution to session attendees.
- The complete submission process must be repeated each time you submit a paper, panel, CPE proposal, ELS proposal, or Emerging Research Project. Submit the form ONLY ONCE to volunteer as a reviewer/moderator/discussant. Since each submission will receive a unique Submission ID, you are encouraged to use the same email address, user ID, and password for all submissions.
- By AAA policy, an individual is limited to one personal appearance on the program as a presenting author. This policy allows multiple submissions but precludes acceptance for more than one presentation. A presenter may be a non-presenting co-author on additional papers. If a presenting author has papers accepted in more than one Section, the confirmation process will ask the author to choose which paper he/she will present.
Contact the appropriate Section Liaison from the list provided.
Return to the Call for Submissions
AAA Home Page