The Gaylord National is full on certain nights of the meeting.
Click here to see a list of nearby alternate hotel choices.
Note, we cannot guarantee availability or room rate at these alternate hotels.
The American Accounting Association's 2012 Annual Meeting will be held on August 4–8 at the Gaylord National Hotel and Conference Center. The Gaylord, located in the Washington, DC area (National Harbor, Maryland), is a beautiful property on the Potomac River and it is able to host all of our member events under one roof. Make your reservations now!
To receive the special conference rate be sure to:
- Identify yourself as attending the American Accounting Association Annual Meeting.
- Make your reservations by June 19, 2012.
Gaylord National Hotel and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745
||2012 Annual Meeting Hotel Reservations
||301-965-4000*, when prompted press "2" for convention reservations
*Gaylord National does not have an "800" reservation number.
*Includes resort fee of $15 which covers the following in-room amenities (if booked within group block):
- Internet access
- Fitness center access
- Designated complimentary in-room beverages
- Daily newspaper
- Local and toll free 800 telephone calls (20 minutes per call)
NOTE: One night deposit will be required in order to secure your reservation at the Gaylord National Hotel. If reservation is made by credit card, your account will be charged at the time of reservation.
Gaylord National offers an exclusive, express shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport.
This service will depart every twenty minutes from Gaylord National's front door to Reagan National Airport, and every twenty minutes from the Reagan National Airport baggage claim.
Reservations are recommended, but tickets also will be available from the SuperShuttle desk, located on the lower level of Reagan National Airport, near baggage claim.
Daily Shuttle Schedule:
- $18 one way
- $32 per person, round trip
- $78 for exclusive van service, booked in advance
To make your shuttle reservation, call 1-800-660-8000.
*Ticket prices subject to change. Please call ahead to verify current prices.
Gaylord National is within a 45-minute drive from Dulles and Baltimore Washington International Airports. Shuttle service and car service are available from either airport to the hotel. For ticket prices or shuttle reservations from Dulles or BWI, call 1-800-660-8000.
Additional transportation options from the Gaylord Hotel:
DC Shuttle Service (run by Chariots for Hire) — Sponsored by AAA — THIS YEAR ONLY — the AAA has made arrangements for the following complimentary service:
- Available ONLY to guests of AAA annual meeting attendees
- Departs the hotel every 15 minutes from 9:00am–8:45pm Sunday, Monday and Tuesday only (8/5–8/7) — other days will be at participants own expense
- Stops at Union Station (walking distance of the Capitol and the Museums on the Mall as well as the Metro (red line) and the Old Post Office Pavilion (close to the White House and the Metro as well)
- Available First come/First Serve
- Must be scheduled through the Chariots for Hire Tour Desk in the Gaylord Lobby
- Voucher required to board shuttle
Potomac Riverboat Company (water taxi)
- Runs between Old Town Alexandria, Georgetown, Mount Vernon and Nationals Ballpark
- Can pick up the taxi at the Gaylord dock OR in National Harbor
- Tickets can be purchased at the Gaylord ticket booth located on the pier
- For more information on ticket pricing click here.
- To purchase multiple tickets you must call ahead at 703.684.0580
Shuttle Service between Gaylord National and King Street Metro Station (blue & yellow line) in Old Town Alexandria:
- Departs GN every 45 minutes M–F and every 40 minutes Sa–Su
- Last shuttle FROM King Street Metro to Hotel is at 7:35pm (M–F) and 8:30pm (Sa–Su)
- Cost: $7/pp one-way or $14/pp round-trip*
*All the above Ticket Prices subject to change. Please call ahead to verify current prices.
AAA Meeting Attendees with Limited Mobility
If you anticipate having limited mobility during your participation in the AAA Annual Meeting in DC, it is very important that you notify the hotel when you make your reservations, and when you check into the hotel. Should there be an emergency that would require evacuation, hotel staff need to know that you would require assistance. This includes temporary mobility issues that might unexpectedly slow you down like an injury, crutches, etc. Please request instructions directly from the hotel about how to proceed in case of an emergency.
Annual Meeting Home Page