Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Innovation in Accounting Education Award. Specifically:
- Select recipient(s) of the Innovation in Accounting Educator Award to be presented at the 2015 AAA Annual Meeting.
- Summarize, describe, and include on the AAA Awards Page, the award winner’s projects or innovations.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News.
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the Chair with the dates that the award's Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- During the first part of October, the AAA Awards Coordinator will assist with an email announcement of the Innovation in Accounting Education Award to the Chair of Accounting Departments.
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- The nominator will receive an acknowledgement message from the AAA Awards Coordinator upon receipt of the nomination.
- By the end of the second week of February the AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair a link to the nominations that have been submitted.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator at email@example.com of the winner(s) and the winner's correct contact information including affiliation and email by April 15th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner(s), copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will invite the winner(s) to present their innovation at the Wednesday afternoon session of the AAA Annual Meeting. The AAA Awards Coordinator will provide the information to the appropriate staff on Annual Meeting planning committee.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award(s) which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair, the EY representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the EY representative for their support of the award.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).