Carry out all activities related to selection of the Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award recipients. Specifically:
- Select the recipient(s) of the award from those articles, monographs, or books, published in English, identified by the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee as potentially notable contributions in accounting literature.
- Coordinate selection with the Deloitte Wildman Award Committee to assure diversity of awardees. Consider the diversity and breadth of AAA member research activities.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committees.
- Five committee members are appointed annually by the AICPA.
- Every other year, an AICPA representative will chair the committee.
- The committee meets as needed.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st to the Chair of the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief supporting statement (no more than 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria.
- During the first week of February, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair of the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee a link to the nominations that have been submitted for the Notable Contribution to Accounting Literature Award.
- The Screening committee will select nominees for the Notable Contributions award based on the award criteria.
- The Chair of the Screening Committee will provide a set of nominees for the Selection Committee to the AAA Awards Coordinator by March 2rd.
- During the first week of March, the AAA Awards Coordinator will send a link to the nominations that have been accepted by the Screening Committee to the Chair of the Selection Committee.
- The Selection committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair (AAA representative for 2014-2015) of the Selection Committee will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner(s), and copy the AAA Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator at email@example.com of the winner and the winner’s correct contact information including affiliation and email by April 15th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner.
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the Chair of the Selection Committee, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair of the Selection Committee, the AICPA representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).