Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award in accordance with the general award criteria as adopted in 1972. Specifically:
- Select one or (at most) two recipient(s) of the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award to be presented at the 2015 AAA Annual Meeting.
The Outstanding Accounting Educator Award recognizes contributions to accounting education from scholarly endeavors in research and teaching over a sustained period of time through:
- Educational innovation,
- Excellence in teaching,
- Research guidance to graduate students, and
- Significant involvement in professional and academic societies and activities.
A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award. Nominations are especially encouraged that propose educators whose career contributions have been at universities other than large doctoral-granting institutions. Any person or group may make nominations.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committee.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News.
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the Chair with the dates that the award's Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- The nominator will receive an acknowledgement message from the AAA Awards Coordinator upon receipt of the nomination.
- By the end of the second week of February the AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair a link to the nominations that have been submitted.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on the award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator at email@example.com of the winner(s) and the winner's correct contact information including affiliation and email by April 15th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner(s), copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The Chair will write a Citation (300-500 words) which will be presented at the Annual Meeting and email the document to the AAA Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15th.
- The Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award, Citation, and check which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair, PricewaterhouseCoopers representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the PricewaterhouseCoopers representative for their support of the award.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).