Serves as a monitoring function of educational activities and issues within and without the Association. Specifically, the committee shall:
- Monitor, act as liaison, and respond as appropriate to the educational efforts of outside constituents.
- Prepare a report annually that summarizes the portfolio of AAA educational activities for breadth and adequacy and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Respond on an as-needed basis to address educational issues presented by the President, Board of Directors, Executive Director, or the leadership of sections and regions.
- The Accounting Education Committee shall consist of nine members, including the Chair, each of whom shall normally serve a three-year term, with one-third of the committee members appointed each year.
- The Committee is chaired by the Vice-President Education.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President-Elect.
- In years when there is an incoming Vice-President Education, the President-Elect shall appoint that person and two other members to three-year terms. In other years, the President shall appoint three members to three year terms.
- The Committee meets annually during the AAA Annual Meeting.
- This meeting typically includes both the previous year's and new year's committee members.
- The committee may meet by conference call scheduled by the Chair during the rest of the year.
- To fulfill the committee charter as above.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).