The Publications Committee shall study and report to the Board of Directors on all operating matters concerning Association publications including, but not limited to:
- Providing slates of candidates for the Board of Directors regarding decisions to appoint each of the Managing Editors of The Accounting Review, Accounting Horizons, and Issues in Accounting Education.
- The Call for Nominations for the Managing Editors begins:
- Issues in Accounting Education - Fall 2014
- The Accounting Review - Fall 2015
- Accounting Horizons - Fall 2016
- Evaluating and monitoring trends in electronic publishing.
- Recommending methods and timing for the electronic publication of the Association's journals.
- Monitoring and recommending means of maintaining the economic viability of the Association's publications.
- Recommending changes in the Association's publications as deemed appropriate.
- Review proposals for new journals and make recommendations to the Board of Directors.
- Per the Bylaws, the committee shall consist of the Vice-President Research and Publications, a Chair, and seven additional members, all serving three-year terms.
- The Chair-Elect serves for one year, then serves as Chair for two years.
- Committee members shall have staggered three-year terms.
- A Chair-elect and two committee members will need to be appointed for a three-year term to begin in 2014-2015.
- Two committee members will need to be appointed to a three-year term to begin in 2015-2016.
- In keeping with the AAA’s Conflict of Interest policy, members of the committee may not hold the highest ranking editor position (e.g., Managing Editor) of an AAA journal, as these editors are occasionally called on to report to the Committee.
- The Chair may not hold any editor position of an AAA journal during the period of service.
- Non-AAA journal editorships do not create a conflict of interest per se for either the Chair or other members.
- The committee meets in person at least twice per year, generally at the AAA Annual Meeting and in February.
- Other meetings of the committee may be scheduled at the discretion of the Chair, and can be online, as appropriate.
- Fulfill the committee charter above.
- Diane Hazard, (email@example.com), AAA Publications Director, will provide staff support for the Publications Committee Chair.
- Barbara Gutierrez, (firstname.lastname@example.org), Senior Administrative Coordinator, assists with providing logistical support for committee and task force meetings and conference calls.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).