To administer the John R. Wildman Medal award program in accordance with the terms of the grant from the Deloitte Foundation. Specifically:
- The financial award and medal is awarded annually to the author(s) of the article, book, monograph, or other work published during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (2016) which is judged to have made or to be likely to make the most significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of public accountancy including audit, tax, and management services.
- Five members plus a Chair are appointed annually by the Council Committee on Awards Committees.
- One member of this committee will be nominated by the Deloitte Foundation, if it so elects.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the committee chair with the dates that the award's Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- During the first part of October, the AAA Awards Coordinator will assist with an email announcement of the Deloitte Foundation Wildman Award to the Chair of Accounting Departments.
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31st.
- Submissions for this award are collected electronically in Word or PDF format.
- The nominator will receive an acknowledgement message from the AAA Awards Coordinator upon receipt of the nomination.
- By the end of the second week of February the AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair a link to the nominations that have been submitted.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org of the winner(s) along with the following information by April 15th:
- The winner and the winner's correct contact information including affiliation and email, the award author(s) name(s), and the title of the paper.
- If the paper has been previously published in a journal, the Chair will need to include the name of the journal, the page numbers, and the volume/issue/year of the publication.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director, Chair, and AAA Awards Coordinator.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the contact person (Janet Butchko) at Deloitte with the information about the winner(s).
- Deloitte is responsible for ordering the medal and arranging for it to be brought/sent to the Annual Meeting for presentation and for the financial award. The AAA is responsible for arranging for the award check to be bought to the Annual Meeting for presentation.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for an announcement on the AAA website.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA Staff will notify the Chair, Deloitte representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the Deloitte representative for their support of the award.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee's Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).