Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
Thank you to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for generously supporting the Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award!
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2016 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee invites nominations of outstanding articles, books, monographs, AICPA-sponsored research studies, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications.
Nominated items must have been published from 2011 to 2015 and must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and potential magnitude of contribution to accounting education
- Practice and/or future accounting research
- Breadth of potential interest
- Originality and innovative content
- Clarity and organization of exposition
- Soundness and appropriateness of methodology
- Although the award generally recognizes a single publication, two or more related publications (co)authored by the same nominee(s) may be considered for joint nomination if they stem from the same program of study that addresses a well-defined research objective. In this case, each related publication must comply with all other eligibility requirements. Nominations of multiple related publications should explain the single program of study that justifies considering the nominated publications as a whole.
- The winner(s) will receive an award and $2,500 at the AAA Annual Meeting.
- The winner(s) will be announced in the Fall Accounting Education News.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
- Academic and practitioner nominations are welcome.
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic copy (Word or PDF) of the article, book, monograph, AICPA-sponsored research study, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications that meets the award criteria, and
- A brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2016 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the AAA Awards Coordinator.