Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee is currently accepting nominations of research of exceptional merit for the 2017 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee invites nominations of articles, monograms, or books of research of exceptional merit.
The nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and magnitude of contribution to accounting education, practice and/or future accounting research originality and innovative content; clarity and organization of exposition; soundness and appropriateness of methodology.
- The selection process shall consider the breadth of accounting research in terms of topic areas and methods.
- Items must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the award.
- Although the award generally recognizes a single publication, two or more related publications (co)authored by the same nominee(s) may be considered for joint nomination if they stem from the same program of study that addresses a well-defined research objective. In this case, each related publication must comply with all other eligibility requirements. Nominations of multiple related publications should explain the single program of study that justifies considering the nominated publications as a whole.
- The winner(s) will receive an award and $2,500 at the AAA Annual Meeting.
- The winner(s) will be announced in the Fall Accounting Education News.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations. Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic copy (Word or PDF) of the article, monograph, or book that meets the award criteria, and
- A brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an e-mail and send to Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2017 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the AAA Awards Coordinator.