Lifetime Service Award
Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Sponsored by the American Accounting Association
The Lifetime Service Award Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2018 Lifetime Service Award.
The Lifetime Service Award recognizes service contributions to accounting education over a sustained period of time through:
- Service to the AAA, including its Sections and Regions, on committees, task forces, special projects, leadership, and AAA publications.
- Service with the education efforts in the profession through involvement with the AICPA, IMA, and other accounting professional organizations.
- Service with the education efforts of public accounting firms, corporations, and not-for-profit organizations.
- Nominations are especially encouraged that propose AAA members whose career contributions have made a significant impact beyond their own institutions.
- A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award.
- The winner(s) will receive an award at the AAA Annual Meeting and Lifetime Membership in the AAA.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Any person or group, including the award committee, may make nominations; however, self-nominations will not be accepted. Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- Each nomination must include:
- A nomination letter that clearly identifies the nominee and the nominee's current address, if possible, and
- A statement that summarizes, in terms of the award intent, why the nominee merits consideration, and
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae and other appropriate evidence documenting the nominee's accomplishments. This evidence normally includes (but is not limited to) letters from students, alumni, colleagues, or professional organizations that speak to the qualities summarized in the nomination.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2018 Lifetime Service Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the Professional Staff Liaison