Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
||Thank you to the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for generously supporting the Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award!
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2018 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee invites nominations of outstanding articles, books, monographs, AICPA-sponsored research studies, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications.
Award Selection Criteria
Nominated items must have been published from 2013 to 2017 and must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and potential magnitude of contribution to accounting education
- Practice and/or future accounting research
- Breadth of potential interest
- Originality and innovative content
- Clarity and organization of exposition
- Soundness and appropriateness of methodology
- The winner(s) will receive an award and $2,500 at the AAA Annual Meeting. If multiple winners, the amount is divided equally.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- Academic and practitioner nominations are welcome.
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic copy (Word or PDF) of the article, book, monograph, AICPA-sponsored research study, or accounting literature appearing in other types of publications that meets the award criteria, and
- A brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the above-listed award selection criteria.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at email@example.com with "2018 Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the Professional Staff Liaison.