The objective of the Continuing Engagement Task Force is to explore ways the American Accounting Association could create opportunities for retired members and members nearing retirement to stay engaged with the accounting academy. Members of the task force should consider a wide range of ideas related to research, education, practice, and public interest. These ideas could fit within the broad organization, any of the Centers for Advancing Accounting, global accounting organizations, AAA sections, AAA regions or any other context. Collectively the activities should be self-sustaining or create additional revenue for the AAA.
A set of recommendations should be made to the AAA Board of Directors by April 1, 2018, so that they could be incorporated into the AAA strategic planning process, which will occur in late May 2018.
- The Task Force size varies according to projects and purposes.
- The Task Force will hold several conference calls or virtual meetings and one in-person meeting during the 2017-18 academic year.
- Fulfill the Task Force charge as above.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).