Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
Nominations Deadline: January 31 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time
Sponsored by the American Accounting Association
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee is currently accepting nominations of research of exceptional merit for the 2019 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee invites nominations of articles, monograms, or books of research of exceptional merit.
Award Selection Criteria
The nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and magnitude of contribution to accounting education, practice and/or future accounting research, originality and innovative content; clarity and organization of exposition; soundness and appropriateness of methodology.
- The selection process shall consider the breadth of accounting research in terms of topic areas and methods.
- Items must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the award.
- Although the award generally recognizes a single publication, two or more related publications (co)authored by the same nominee(s) may be considered for joint nomination if they stem from the same program of study that addresses a well-defined research objective. In this case, each related publication must comply with all other eligibility requirements. Nominations of multiple related publications should explain the single program of study that justifies considering the nominated publications as a whole.
- The winner(s) will receive an award and $2,500 at the AAA Annual Meeting. If multiple winners, the amount is divided equally.
- The winner(s) will be announced on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Current committee members who are nominated for the award will be asked to either recuse themselves from the committee or remove their nomination from consideration.
- All nominees nominated for a given year’s award – who are not selected for that year’s award – will be automatically considered for the award for the following 2 years – as long as the publication(s) meets the publishing requirements (see below). Nominees who were not selected for the 2018 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award will be considered during the selection process for the 2019 Award and, if not chosen for the 2019 Award, will also be considered for the 2020 Award. At the end of the selection process for the 2020 Award, if a qualified nominee has not been chosen as the award recipient or has not been re-nominated, he/she will no longer be considered for the award.
- Publishing criteria for 2018 Award - Nominated work must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the year of the award (between 2003 and 2012)
- Publishing criteria for 2019 Award - Nominated work must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the year of the award (between 2004 and 2013)
- Publishing criteria for 2020 Award - Nominated work must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the year of the award (between 2005 and 2014)
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic copy (Word or PDF) of the article, monograph, or book that meets the award criteria, and
- A brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an e-mail and send to Barbara Gutierrez, Professional Staff Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2019 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the Professional Staff Liaison.
- All documents submitted in support of your nomination become the property of the American Accounting Association and will not be returned. Do not submit irreplaceable documents.