As the American Accounting Association imagines our future, the Membership Advisory Committee will continue to develop the vision of being Thought Leaders in Accounting by:
- Encouraging Tenure Track, Professionally Oriented Faculty, Global Scholars, Two-Year Faculty, and Doctoral Students to engage in AAA activities.
- Promoting non-member engagement by reaching out to non-members to encourage membership in AAA and Segments.
- Welcoming new members and developing ideas for retaining them.
- The Committee consists of nine members, including the Chair, serving staggered three-year terms.
- Three new Committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President with terms of three years for continuity purposes.
- In years when the current Chair will be finishing his/her term, the President will appoint a Chair-elect from among the new appointees.
- The Chair-elect serves for one year, then as Chair for two years.
- An ex-officio student member may also serve on the Committee for a one or two year appointment.
- The Committee meets annually during the AAA Annual Meeting, and typically includes both the previous year's and new year's committee members.
- The Committee may meet by conference call scheduled by the Chair during the rest of the year.
- Fulfill the Committee charge as above.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and Governance Manager, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).