Plan and hold the New Faculty Consortium in accordance with established AAA policies. Specifically:
- Review previous Committees' reports and other important background material.
- Arrange for the conduct and administration of the consortium.
- Assure a diversity of topics and speakers for the program to match the diversity of attendees.
- The Committee consists of nine members, including the Chair, Chair-Elect and Past Chair, serving staggered three-year terms.
- Three Committee members constitute the leadership group -- a Chair, Past Chair, and Chair-Elect.
- One new Committee member each year is named Chair-Elect by the AAA President and this person serves one year each as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past Chair of the Committee (a three-year term in all).
- The Committee meets annually during the AAA Annual Meeting.
- The next New Faculty Consortium will be held January 31 - February 3, 2019.
- To fulfill the Committee charge as above.
- After the event takes place, a report to the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and Executive Director is prepared by the Chair or Co-Chairs and should include an overview of highlights of the event, a description of the program and list of participants, actual expenditures compared with the budget and the effectiveness of the program as evaluated by the Chair or Co-Chairs, Committee, Presenting Faculty, and the faculty participants. The report is to be filed no later than July 1st.
- If the Chair has any questions about the charge or responsibilities of this committee, s/he should contact the Executive Director, the President, or the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison.