The 2017–2018 Nominations Committee announces the slate of officers for President-Elect, Vice President-Research & Publications, and Director-Focusing on Segments.
The 2017–2018 Council Ballot Committee (CBC) created the slate for the Board position of Director-Focusing on Segments. Through the work of the CBC, there are consistently three Board positions for which Council chooses the candidates for the slate.
Candidates for the 2018–2019 Board of Directors positions are listed below. The election will take place in Spring 2018.
- Patricia M. Poli - Fairfield University
- Terry J. Shevlin - University of California-Irvine
Vice President-Research & Publications
- Mark DeFond - University of Southern California
- Douglas F. Prawitt - Brigham Young University
Director-Focusing on Segments
- Audrey A. Gramling- Colorado State University
- Nancy B. Nichols - James Madison University
- New officers will serve on the Board of Directors for three years beginning at the Annual Meeting in August 2018 in National Harbor, MD.
- Consistent with the AAA Bylaws, additional nominations may be made by a petition signed by not less than one hundred (100) members of the Association submitted to the Executive Director at the AAA headquarters office at 9009 Town Center Parkway, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202, and received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Persons so nominated must have previously agreed to serve if elected. The membership of the Association shall be notified prior to the election of the nominations made by petition.
- In January 2018, a "Get to Know the Candidates" page will be posted on our website and available for members to view until online voting begins in February.
- Online voting shall take place between Wednesday, February 14, 2018 and Thursday, March 15, 2018, at 11:59 pm Eastern Time. (Detailed voting instructions will be provided later via the AAA website and multi-topic emails.)
- According to the AAA Bylaws, the election shall take place by mail, facsimile, or electronic vote of the members.
- Regular and Life members of the Association are eligible to vote in elections conducted by the Association; however, Student members are not eligible to participate in the Association election process.
- Paper ballots will be mailed to all members 1) without a valid email address and 2) who are on the AAA "do not email" list (who have opted out of receiving emails).
Nominations Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
The AAA Nominations Committee shall consist of the two most recent Past Presidents willing and able to serve and five members elected by Council. The five elected members cannot be current members of either Council or the Board of Directors. The Nominations Committee shall be chaired by the most senior, in service, of the Past Presidents serving. Members of the Nominations Committee are not eligible for nomination. Members of the 2017-2018 Nominations Committee are: Bruce Behn, Chair, University of Tennessee, AAA Past President; David Burgstahler, University of Washington-Seattle, AAA Past President; Mark Higgins, Saint Louis University; Robert Lipe, University of South Carolina; Karen Pincus, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville; Scott Showalter, North Carolina State University; David Stout, Villanova University, and Tracey Sutherland, AAA Executive Director, (ex-officio).
Council Ballot Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
In 2011, Council established the policy that the Council Ballot Committee (CBC) would function as a "committee of the whole." Each year the CBC will choose at least two names to appear on the ballot for one position on the Board of Directors ballot. The standing Council Ballot Committee, established with the Bylaws revision, comprises all Council members with the exception of the Board of Directors. Theresa Libby, University of Central Florida, chaired the 2017–2018 CBC.
Questions? Please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Governance Manager, at email@example.com or (941) 556-4117.