AAA Nominations Committee and Council Ballot Committee
The 2018–2019 Nominations Committee announces the slate of officers for President-Elect, Vice President-Finance-Elect, Director-Focusing on Academic/Practitioner Interaction, and Director-Focusing on Intellectual Property.
The 2018–2019 Council Ballot Committee (CBC) created the slate for the Board position of Director-Focusing on Academic/Practitioner Interaction. Through the work of the CBC, there are consistently three Board positions for which Council chooses the candidates for the slate. The Nominations Committee created the slate for the additional three positions.
Current candidates for the 2019–2020 Board of Directors positions are listed below. The election will take place in Spring 2019.
- Brian J. Bushee - University of Pennsylvania
- Elaine G. Mauldin - University of Missouri-Columbia
- Markus Ahrens - St. Louis Community College-Meramec
- Mark S. Beasley - North Carolina State University
Director-Focusing on Academic/Practitioner Interaction
- John Hepp - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sridhar Ramamoorti - University of Dayton
Director-Focusing on Intellectual Property
- Uday S. Murthy - University of South Florida
- Mary Harris Stanford - Texas Christian University
- New officers will serve on the Board of Directors for three years beginning at the Annual Meeting in August 2019 in San Francisco, CA.
- Consistent with the AAA Bylaws, additional nominations may be made by a petition signed by not less than one hundred (100) members of the Association submitted to the Executive Director at the AAA headquarters office at 9009 Town Center Parkway, Lakewood Ranch, FL 34202, and received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on Monday, January 14, 2019. Persons so nominated must have previously agreed to serve if elected. The membership of the Association shall be notified of the nominations made by petition prior to the election.
- In January 2019, a "Get to Know the Candidates" page will be posted on our website and available for members to view until online voting begins.
- Online voting shall begin on or about March 1, 2019.
- According to the AAA Bylaws, the election shall take place by mail, facsimile, or electronic vote of the members. (Detailed voting instructions will be provided later via the AAA website and multi-topic emails.)
- Regular and Life members of the Association are eligible to vote in elections conducted by the Association; however, Student members are not eligible to participate in the Association election process.
- Paper ballots will be mailed to all members 1) without a valid email address and 2) who are on the AAA "do not email" list (who have opted out of receiving emails).
Nominations Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
The AAA Nominations Committee shall consist of the two most recent Past Presidents willing and able to serve and five members elected by Council. The five elected members cannot be current members of either Council or the Board of Directors. The Nominations Committee shall be chaired by the most senior, in service, of the Past Presidents serving. Members of the Nominations Committee are not eligible for nomination. Members of the 2018-2019 Nominations Committee are: David Burgstahler, University of Washington-Seattle, AAA Past President; Anne Christensen, Montana State University-Bozeman, AAA Past President; Ann Dzuranin, Northern Illinois University; Martha Eining, The University of Utah; Sarah McVay, University of Washington; Scott Showalter, North Carolina State University; David Stout, Villanova University, and Tracey Sutherland, AAA Executive Director, (ex-officio).
Council Ballot Committee (per AAA Bylaws)
In 2011, Council established the policy that the Council Ballot Committee (CBC) would function as a "committee of the whole." Each year the CBC will choose at least two names to appear on the ballot for one position on the Board of Directors ballot. The standing Council Ballot Committee, established with the Bylaws revision, comprises all Council members with the exception of the Board of Directors. Cathy Scott, University of North Texas, Dallas, chaired the 2018–2019 CBC.
Questions? Please contact Barbara Gutierrez, Governance Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 556-4117.