Jim Bulloch Award for
Innovations in Management Accounting Education
Sponsored by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
The purpose of the award is to recognize and reward faculty members who have created or written innovative pedagogical practices or curriculum materials in the area of management accounting. The award provides a plaque and $3,000 to the recipient. The award is generously sponsored by the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA).
Awards shall be made on the basis of several criteria. The innovation should be adaptable across a variety of educational contexts. The innovation should be broad in scope and should foster learning. The innovation should be low-cost to apply and adapt.
Eligibility and Application Procedures
Individual faculty members, groups of faculty, or departments teaching or preparing materials to be used for managerial or cost accounting education are eligible. Applications should include a description of the innovation, sample materials where feasible, and evidence that the innovation has been tested and has been shown to have educational benefits. Also include a contact person and address to whom the Award Committee can send requests for additional information. To nominate another faculty member or group of faculty, please send a completed application following the same guidelines.
Award Committee and Mailing Address
Applications should be received by March 1, 2014 and emailed to the Chair of the Committee: Shane Dikolli, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presentation of Award
The Award will be presented during the Management Accounting Section Business Luncheon at the AAA Annual Meeting in August 2014.
Prior Award Winners:
- Anne Farrell (2013)
- Terry Campbell, Paul Goldwater, and David E. Stout (2012)
- Bob van den Brand, Eddy Cardinaels and Ivo van Amelsfoort (2011)
- Asis Martinez-Jerez (2010)
- Kenneth A. Merchant, E. Pieter Jansen and Wim A. Van der Stede (2009)
- Paul M. Goldwater (2008)
- Linda S. Bamber and Michael E. Bamber (2007)
- S. Mark Young (2005)
- James Sorensen and Gary Siegel (2004)
- Vicky Arnold (2003)
- V. G. Narayanan (2002)
- James Mackey and Michael Thomas (2001)
- Steve Adams, Mary Harston, Richard Lea and Lee Pryor (2000)
- Shahid Ansari, Jan Bell, Tom Klammer and Carol Lawrence (1999)
Back to MAS Awards