- Recipients of the 2012 Best Management Accounting Paper—Annual Meeting are John Harry Evans III, Donald V. Moser, Andrew H Newman, Bryan R Stikeleather (all from University of Pittsburgh) for their paper entitled: "Discouraging Honor Among Thieves to Limit Collusion."
- The winners of the 2012 IMA Jim Bulloch Award for Innovations in Mgt. Accounting Education are Terry Campbell (Indiana University), Paul Goldwater (University Central Florida), and David E. Stout (Youngstown State University) for their Monte Carlo Simulation tool.
- Jasmijn C. Bol of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign wins the 2012 Best Early-Career Researcher in Management Accounting Award (sponsored by the AICPA, CIMA, and CMA-Canada).
- First place for the 2012 MAS Dissertation Award (sponsored by the IMA) goes to Dimitris Vrettos, for his dissertation entitled, "Are relative performance measures in CEO incentive contracts used to improve risk sharing and/or influence strategic interaction?" (Michigan State, Karen Sedatole Chair). Second place goes to David Huelsbeck, for his dissertation entitled, "Financial constraint and firms’ propensity to accept contractual risk" (USC, Ken Merchant Chair).
- The 2012 Notable Contribution to Management Accounting Literature Award goes to "An Empirical Examination of Goals and Performance-to-Goal Following the Introduction of an Incentive Bonus Plan with Participative Goal Setting" (Management Science 2010). The authors are Shannon W. Anderson, Rice University (now at University of California-Davis), and University of Melbourn, Henri C. Dekker, University Amsterdam, and Karen L. Sedatole, Michigan State University.
- The recipients of the 2011 Journal of Management Accounting Research Best Paper Award are Shane S. Dikolli, Christian Hofmann, and Susan l. Kulp, for "Interrelated Performance Measures, Interactive Effort, and Incentive Weights," published in Journal of Management Accounting Research, Volume 21 (2009).
- The winners of the 2012 Midyear Meeting Outstanding Paper Award are Isabella Grabner and Frank Moers for "Managers' Choices of Evaluation Criteria in Promotion Decisions: An Analysis of Alternative Job Assignments."
- The 2012 Midyear Meeting Outstanding Case Award goes to Dan Swenson, Arizona State University, and Patricia Everaert, Ghent University.
- Two papers share the 2012 Greatest Impact on Practice: One by Alexander Bruggen, Ranjani Krishnan, and Karen Sedatole (CAR Vol. 28, No. 1, Spring 2011), and the second by Scott Jackson (TAR Vol. 83, No. 2, 2008).
- Rob Chenhall of Monash University wins the 2012 Lifetime Contribution Award
- Gavin Cassar of the Wharton School wins the 2011 AICPA-sponsored Best Early-Career Researcher in Management Accounting Award
- Eva Labro of the University of North Carolina and Mario Vanhoucke of Ghent University win the 2011 Notable Contribution to Management Accounting Literature Award
- Sofia M. Lourenço from Harvard Business School and Timothy M. Keune from the University of Wisconsin-Madison win the 2011 IMA-sponsored Management Accounting Section Dissertation Award
- Bob van den Brand, Eddy Cardinaels and Ivo van Amelsfoort from Tilburg University win the 2011 IMA-sponsored Jim Bulloch Award
- Joel Demski awarded Management Accounting Section Lifetime Contribution Award
- CIMA Funding Opportunities
- Free Management Accounting Section Memberships for Doctoral Students