Are you interested in being a mentor to a new member? Here’s your chance to give back to the accounting community and share your experiences and knowledge about the AAA Annual Meeting with a first time attendee!
Experienced AAA Members
For New Attendees
- Give back to the Accounting community
- Share your Annual Meeting guidance with new attendees
- Help first time attendees make the most of the event
- Enthusiastic and friendly members
- Members who have attended the Annual Meeting at least twice
- Ability to commit time at Annual Meeting to mentoring new colleagues.
- Are you new to AAA? Are you attending the Annual Meeting for the first time and want to take advantage of all that the Annual Meeting has to offer, but don't know where to start?
- Start by signing up for the Host Program, and experience the Annual Meeting with the guidance of an experienced AAA member.
- This person will help you navigate the Annual Meeting and answer your questions.
New Member Application
Please contact Pat Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941.556.4102 if you have any questions about the New Member Host Program.
Frequently asked questions
How many New Members will be assigned to me?
- Each Host will be matched with 1-2 New Members. Please note, we will match new members with volunteer hosts on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early to take part in this exciting program!
How do I contact my New Members
- After you have been matched with your new members, you will receive an email with an email address and telephone number for each new member. Your new member will also be sent an email with your email address and telephone number.
As a Host, what am I expected to do?
- We respectfully suggest you contact your assigned new members before the Annual Meeting by e-mail and/or phone to coordinate a time to meet in Chicago, Illinois. More instructions will be shared as we get closer to the meeting to help facilitate your first meeting with your new members. If you agree, we will also share your cell phone number with your new member so you can easily connect with each other on-site.
Please encourage your New Members to attend the New Member Reception on Sunday, August 9 from 6:30pm–8:00pm. You will also receive an invitation for this event in your registration materials if you would like to attend with your new members.
Before the New Member Reception, you might also want to take your new members to the Early Bird Reception in the Exhibit Hall on Sunday evening starting at 5:30 pm. If you are not arriving until Monday we would ask you to accompany your new members to the Monday morning Plenary Session or the Monday evening Welcome Reception where you can introduce them to other members to help them begin their own networking in the AAA.
When will I receive the names of my New Members?
- We will notify all Hosts who their new members are periodically as members sign-up. The final deadline for new members to complete the application is mid-July 2015.
How are Hosts matched with New Members?
- Our goal is to match New Members and Hosts who have similar teaching and research interests.
Thank you for your commitment to the American Accounting Association.