Call for Submissions
Accounting educators, students and professionals are invited to submit completed manuscripts and/or ideas for panels or workshops for the 2015 AAA Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting. Papers may encompass any topical area of accounting and may be theoretical, pedagogical, or practice-oriented. Awards will also be given for the best manuscript, as well as the best manuscript by a doctoral student. Papers may also have been submitted to the American Accounting Association National meeting, but should not have been published before the Mid-Atlantic meeting. The submissions deadline is January 26 has been extended to February 9,2015. The deadline for ELS (Effective Learning Strategies) proposals is February 15.
The conference will begin on Thursday April 23 with a day-long seminar for doctoral students and junior faculty, as well as CPE sessions for faculty and professionals. It will continue with presentations, panels, and workshops on Friday, April 24 and Saturday April 25.
The presenters for the Doctoral Consortium are (in alphabetical order):
- Stephen G. Ryan, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, New York University
- Shyam Sunder, Yale School of Management, Yale University
- Daniel Taylor, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- M. H. Franco Wong, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
Please consider submitting to the conference any of the following:
- Research Papers (theoretical, empirical, behavioral, pedagogical, etc.)
- Panel Discussions. If you have an idea for a panel discussion and are willing to find and organize the participants, please submit a short write-up of your idea.
- Faculty Student collaboration. This is the session where you can present the work you have done with your students.
- Research in Progress. We will have a research in progress session where individuals can present research proposals, pilot studies, or other unfinished projects. If you are looking for feedback on your project this is the place to present your idea. Submit a proposal and outline for consideration.
- Class Materials, Teaching Cases. We will also have a forum for class materials where you can share projects you do in your class.
- Practice Insights. If you have valuable insights related to accounting practice, you are welcome to submit a short write-up of your idea.
In addition, the steering committee has approved the following changes (please take advantage of them):
- If you register for the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Region meeting, then you can attend Thursday CPE workshops at no additional cost.
- Doctoral students can attend doctoral consortium at no cost if they register for the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Region meeting.
- Individuals who are not attending the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Region meeting, but are interested in participating in Thursday CPE workshops only can register for them separately.
The meeting will be held at the Crowne Plaza Philadelphia-Cherry Hill, in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. A limited number of hotel rooms have been set aside for conference participants at the rate of $134 per night single or double occupancy with complimentary high speed internet access in the rooms.
To submit your paper (or to volunteer as a Reviewer, Discussant, or Moderator), please CLICK HERE to access the system using your AAA member ID and password. If you have forgotten your AAA member ID/password, click here to retrieve them. If you do not have a AAA member ID/password, please click here to obtain AAA login credentials. Then create an account in this system, using your AAA login credentials. If you have difficulty logging in, please contact Suzanne Mullinnix email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about the 2015 Mid-Atlantic Program, please contact:
Shifei Chung, Ph.D., CPA
Professor of Accounting
William G. Rohrer College of Business
Rowan University, Glassboro, NJ 08028
Voice: 856-256-4500 x3032