The Annual Meeting Host Program has been serving first-time attendees to AAA's Annual Meeting for many years. Annual Meeting hosts serve a pivotal role in helping new attendees make the most out attending the meeting.
If you are interested in serving as a host, sharing your time and advice with a new attendee, and have attended at least two Annual Meetings, we invite you to complete the host application below.
If you are a first-time attendee to the Annual Meeting and would appreciate guidance from an experienced AAA member, we invite you to complete the New Member Host Application below.
Please contact Pat Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org or 941.556.4102 if you have any questions about the New Member Host Program.
Frequently asked questions
How many New Members will be assigned to me?
- Each Host will be matched with 1-2 New Members. Please note, we will match new members with volunteer hosts on a first-come, first-served basis, so register early to take part in this exciting program!
How do I contact my New Members
- After you have been matched with your new members, you will receive an email with an email address and telephone number for each new member. Your new member will also be sent an email with your email address and telephone number.
As a Host, what am I expected to do?
- We respectfully suggest you contact your assigned new members before the Annual Meeting by e-mail and/or phone to coordinate a time to meet in New York City. More instructions will be shared as we get closer to the meeting to help facilitate your first meeting with your new members. If you agree, we will also share your cell phone number with your new member so you can easily connect with each other on-site.
Please encourage your New Members to attend the New Member Reception on Sunday, August 7 from 6:30 pm–8:00 pm. You will also receive an invitation for this event in your registration materials if you would like to attend with your new members.
Before the New Member Reception, you might also want to take your new members to the Early Bird Reception in the Exhibit Hall on Sunday evening starting at 5:30 pm. If you are not arriving until Monday we would ask you to accompany your new members to the Monday morning Plenary Session or the Monday evening Welcome Reception where you can introduce them to other members to help them begin their own networking in the AAA.
When will I receive the names of my New Members?
- We will notify all Hosts who their new members are periodically as members sign-up. The final deadline for new members to complete the application is mid-July 2016.
How are Hosts matched with New Members?
- Our goal is to match New Members and Hosts who have similar teaching and research interests.
Thank you for your commitment to the American Accounting Association.