2016 Doctoral Student Travel Scholarship
Diversity Section Meeting of the American Accounting Association
October 28-30, 2016 – Coral Gables, Florida
The Diversity Section will offer a scholarship to cover travel costs for a doctoral student to attend and present at the 2016 Diversity section midyear meeting in Coral Gables, Florida.
The goal of this scholarship is to enable a doctoral student to develop professionally, build strategic alliances with peers and to encourage scholarly research and presentations. The Diversity Section will reimburse reasonable travel expenses to attend the meeting related to registration, airfare, and hotel, not to exceed $500. The scholarship winner must be able to attend the entire conference to be eligible for reimbursement.
Use this form to apply for the doctoral travel funding.
The applicant must be:
1. A full-time student enrolled in an accounting doctoral program
2. A member of the Diversity Section of the AAA (joining at the conference is acceptable)
3. Presenting a paper at the AAA Diversity Section conference
4. Not otherwise receiving travel funding for the trip
5. Not currently employed outside of the doctoral program
Application submission and deadline:
1. Complete the application.
2. Provide a letter of support from the department chair/dean (must be written on department stationery).
3. Provide a bio not to exceed three paragraphs.
4. All materials must be received no later than 5:00 p.m., September 23, 2016.
Submit Doctoral Student Travel Scholarship Application and all materials by email (preferably all materials in one email) to the President of the Diversity Section:
Address the email to:
Maria T. Caban-Garcia, Ph.D., C.P.A. (President of the Diversity Section of the AAA)
University of South Florida – St. Petersburg, FL
Evaluations and notifications will be made by October 7, 2016.
If you have any additional questions in regards to this program, contact Professor Caban-Garcia, President of the Diversity Section at email@example.com.