Call for Submissions
Accounting educators, students and professionals are invited to submit completed manuscripts and/or ideas for panels or workshops for the 2016 AAA Mid-Atlantic Region Meeting. Papers may encompass any topical area of accounting and may be theoretical, pedagogical, or practice-oriented. Awards will also be given for the best manuscript, as well as the best manuscript by a doctoral student. Papers may also have been submitted to the American Accounting Association National meeting, but should not have been published before the Mid-Atlantic meeting. The submissions deadline is
January 27 February 17. The deadline for ELS (Effective Learning Strategies) proposals is February 17.
The conference will begin on Thursday, May 19 with a day-long seminar for doctoral students and junior faculty, as well as CPE sessions for faculty and professionals. It will continue with presentations, panels, and workshops on Friday, May 20 and Saturday May 21.
Please consider submitting to the conference any of the following:
- Research Papers (theoretical, empirical, behavioral, pedagogical, etc.)
- Panel Discussions. If you have an idea for a panel discussion and are willing to find and organize the participants, please submit a short write-up of your idea.
- Faculty Student collaboration. This is the session where you can present the work you have done with your students.
- Research in Progress. We will have a research in progress session where individuals can present research proposals, pilot studies, or other unfinished projects. If you are looking for feedback on your project this is the place to present your idea. Submit a proposal and outline for consideration.
- Class Materials, Teaching Cases. We will also have a forum for class materials where you can share projects you do in your class.
- Practice Insights. If you have valuable insights related to accounting practice, you are welcome to submit a short write-up of your idea.
The meeting will be held at the Waterfront Place Hotel, in Morgantown, West Virginia. A limited number of hotel rooms have been set aside for conference participants at the rate of $154 per night single or double occupancy with complimentary high speed internet access in the rooms.
To submit your paper (or to volunteer as a Reviewer, Discussant, or Moderator), please CLICK HERE to access the system using your AAA member ID and password. If you have forgotten your AAA member ID/password, click here to retrieve them. If you do not have a AAA member ID/password, please click here to obtain AAA login credentials. Then create an account in this system, using your AAA login credentials. If you have difficulty logging in, please contact Suzanne Mullinnix email@example.com for assistance.
For more information about the 2016 Mid-Atlantic Program, please contact:
Dr. Scott Fleming
West Virginia University
2016 Program Chair