Call for Cases
2017 Teaching Case Conference - Jointly Sponsored by the AAA Management Accounting Section and Institute of Management Accountants
Conference Date: October 20 – 21, 2017
Conference Location: NIU Naperville Conference Center, Naperville, Il
Conference Hotel: Courtyard Chicago Naperville
The organizing committee for the Teaching Case Conference is requesting case submissions.
- Cases will be accepted for consideration from March 1, 2017 until June 1, 2017.
- Submit cases together with teaching notes in electronic form to:
- Review process:
- Cases will be considered for conference acceptance by the IMA Educational Case Journal Editorial Review Board.
- The organizing committee prefers (but does not require) practitioner involvement as coauthor and presenter.
- Should the author wish to have his/her case considered for publication by the journal, accepted cases will be forwarded to the IMA for first round review at the IMA Educational Case Journal.
- If accepted for publication in the IMA Educational Case Journal, authors will have the opportunity to modify their original documents to meet publication guidelines.
- Authors will be notified of conference acceptance by July 15, 2017.
- Accepted cases will be considered for the IMA "Best Case Award" that will be presented at the conference and has a $1,000 cash award component.
- The winner of the Best Case Award also will be recognized and asked to present at the MAS midyear meeting in Scottsdale, Arizona (January 4-6, 2018).
The organizing committee is excited about the case conference and looks forward to receiving your case submissions.
Co-Directors: Ann C. Dzuranin, Northern Illinois University
Margaret Shackell, Cornell University
IMA Liaison: Kip Krumwiede, IMA