February 9-10, 2018 - San Antonio Marriott Riverwalk, San Antonio, Texas
The topics are designed for a broad audience, including deans, chairs, and program directors. The program begins with a "Networking Breakfast" open to all attendees at no additional cost.
Similar to the 2017 meeting, we have planned a number of concurrent sessions, including some designed specifically for the administrative and faculty directors of your master of accountancy programs. Some of the topics for this year's program include:
- EY leadership discussion of current issues in the profession
- AICPA presentation on hiring trends and entry-level opportunities
- Strategies to increase donative support to accounting departments and schools
- Teaching, motivating and engaging the next generation of accounting students
- Ideas for measuring research impact
- Approaches to incorporating data analytics into accounting programs
- How to identify and assess “predatory journals”
- AACSB updates
- Tips and tools for developing metrics and assessments
- Comments of American Accounting Association's President-Elect Marc Rubin
- Wellness practices for faculty
The AACSB seminar will precede the program on Thursday, February 8th. If there are any interest groups that would like to meet during one of the breakfasts, please contact us so that we can designate a table for your group.
We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!
Craig White, University of New Mexico
Uday Murthy, University of South Florida