Teaching, Learning and Curriculum (TLC) Objectives
The Teaching, Learning and Curriculum Section is dedicated to the continual improvement of accounting education, especially through the development of relevant and innovative curricula, a renewed emphasis of effective and efficient instruction, and the exploration of knowledge-organization issues related to accounting programs. Specific objectives include, but are not limited to:
- To foster research in methods of learning and their application to the field of accounting instruction;
- To stimulate discussion and experimentation in instructional means, methods, and materials in general;
- To raise questions and to disseminate knowledge about teaching and teaching-related materials;
- To initiate, encourage, and sponsor research in methods of learning and in the improvement of skills and aids used to impart knowledge of accounting and of related fields; and
- To provide guidance and opportunities for members to both test and improve their teaching skills and instructional materials.
2. Curriculum matters:
- To encourage continued consideration of and experimentation in all facets of curriculum development for accounting programs; and
- To communicate interests, intentions, and information about curriculum developments in accounting programs.
- To encourage a broad definition of scholarship that includes a high priority on Teaching, Learning and Curriculum development;
- To provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and findings about developments related to instruction and curriculum issues in accounting education;
- To work with other organizations pursuing similar goals; and
- To encourage qualified individuals to consider opportunities in accounting education by providing appropriate guidance and knowledge about such careers.