CONSIDER WHO WOULD MAKE A GOOD ABO PRESIDENT: Frank Hodge will chair a committee tasked with selecting two candidates to run for ABO President Elect. If you would like to be considered, or know someone who would, please send an email to email@example.com. The deadline for nominations for President Elect is March 1.
The President shall serve a one-year term. Duties of the President shall include:
- To direct the affairs and activities of the ABO Section and carry out the programs formulated for the members with advice from the Executive Board.
- To prepare an annual budget with the help of the Secretary-Treasurer and the advice of the Executive Board and majority approval of the Section Officers.
- To authorize expenditures beyond those in the approved budget for amounts within limits established by the Officers on a yearly basis.
- To preside at the Section’s meetings and at the meetings of the Executive Board.
- To coordinate with the AAA President regarding the Section’s activities.
- To make committee appointments and specify ad hoc committee charges during the term of office with the advice of the Executive Board and within the confines of the approved budget.
The President-elect shall serve a one-year term and upon its completion shall automatically serve as President for one year. The duties of the President-elect include the following:
- To assume the duties of the President in the event the President is unable to serve.
- To perform whatever duties the President might assign.
- To report preliminary action plans and committee activities with related charges and supporting budgets for the coming year to the Executive Board for advice.