2005–2006 AAA COMMITTEES
(Standing Committee of the Association)
Assist the Executive Committee in monitoring and improving all aspects of
the Association's finances. Specifically:
- Review the previous committees' reports and other important background
- Evaluate additional or alternative ways to finance existing Association
- Plan financial strategies for Association initiatives and activities.
- Work with the 2005–2006 President-elect in preparing the 2006–2007 budget.
- Monitor the investment of AAA funds in accordance with established
Executive Committee policies and procedures.
- Oversee the budgeting system for the Association, including appropriate
costing of products and services. (Issues regarding publications should be
coordinated with the Publications Committee.)
- Review, as needed, Association costs (such as employee benefits) and
recommend changes, as appropriate.
- Undertake special initiatives concerning the financial goals and strategies
of the Association as directed by the President or Executive Committee. For 2006, prepare a recommendation for the Executive Committee on the desirability of altering the dues structure of the AAA.
- Compare AAA operating ratios and sources of revenues to those of comparable
associations reported in the most recent ASAE Operating Ratio Report. Provide
results of the comparison to the Executive Committee in time for its fall
- Provide a progress report to the Executive Committee liaison in time to be
included in the agenda book for each Executive Committee meeting.
Michigan State University
* The number indicates years of service remaining
top of page