2005–2006 AAA COMMITTEES
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION LIAISON COMMITTEE
Conduct activities as appropriate to assist communication and interaction
between the SEC and the membership of the Association. Specifically:
- Prepare and transmit a response to the staff of the Securities and Exchange
Commission on selected proposals soliciting views from the public concerning
auditing and financial accounting and reporting.
- Assist in recruiting of Securities and Exchange Commission Academic
Accounting Fellow Candidates.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Committee for activities that will
enhance the quality and quantity of interactions between the SEC and the AAA,
including SEC participation at the annual AAA meeting and regional meetings.
- Inform the AAA membership of significant developments at the SEC.
- Provide a progress report to the Executive Committee liaison in time to be
included in the agenda book for each Executive Committee meeting.
New York University
top of page