2011-2012 AAA COMMITTEES
Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Literature Award
Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Distinguished Contribution to Accounting Literature Award. Specifically:
- Select the recipient(s) of the award from those articles, monographs, or books, published in English, identified by the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee as potentially distinguished contributions in accounting literature.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President.
- The committee meets as needed.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- Nominations are to be submitted by January 31st to the Chair of the Screening Committee for the Notable and Distinguished Contributions Awards, either by email or regular mail.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief supporting statement (no more than 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria.
- The Screening Committee provides a set of top nominees for the Selection Committee by March 1st.
- The Selection Committee makes the final recommendation to the Board of Directors.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator (Stephanie Glaser) of the winner at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will write a short article (200 words or less) to be included in the Fall Accounting Education News. This article should be sent to email@example.com no later than June 1st.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Board of Directors Liaison
University of Southern Denmark
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page