2011-2012 AAA COMMITTEES
AAA/Grant Thornton Doctoral Dissertation Awards
for Innovation in Accounting Education Committee
Carry out all activities to select recipients of the AAA/Grant Thornton Doctoral Dissertation Awards for Innovation in Accounting Education. Specifically:
- Identify and award up to five (5) AAA/Grant Thornton Doctoral Dissertation Awards for Innovation in Accounting Education of $5,000 each to third or fourth year PhD students conducting innovative research in any area of accounting using the criteria as approved by the Board of Directors.
- The committee shall be chaired by the Vice-President-Research and Publications.
- Members of this committee will be comprised of eight members drawn broadly from AAA sections.
- No section shall be represented by more than one member on the committee.
- A representative of the funding sponsor will be appointed as an Ex-Officio member of the committee.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, the AAA Awards Coordinator (Stephanie Glaser) will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the Chair with the dates that the awards Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by January 31st.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator of the winner at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner.
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director and Chair.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a short article (200 words or less) to be included in the Fall Accounting Education News. This article should be sent to email@example.com no later than June 1st.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the Grant Thornton representative for their support of the award.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
University of Southern Denmark
Board of Directors Liaison
University of Southern Denmark
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page