2011-2012 AAA COMMITTEES
Outstanding Accounting Educator Award Committee
Carry out all activities to select recipients of the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award in accordance with the general award criteria as adopted in 1972. Specifically:
- Select one or (at most) two recipient(s) of the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award to be presented at the 2012 AAA Annual Meeting
The Outstanding Accounting Educator Award recognizes contributions to accounting education from scholarly endeavors in research and teaching over a sustained period of time through:
- Educational innovation,
- Excellence in teaching,
- Research guidance to graduate students, and
- Significant involvement in professional and academic societies and activities.
A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award. Nominations are especially encouraged that propose educators whose career contributions have been at universities other than large doctoral-granting institutions. Any person or group may make nominations.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, the AAA Awards Coordinator (Stephanie Glaser) will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News.
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the Chair with the dates that the awards Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- Nominations are due by January 31st.
- During the first week of February the AAA Awards Coordinator will send to the Chair a link to the nominations that have been submitted.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator of the winner at email@example.com by April 16th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director and Chair.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair, PricewaterhouseCoopers representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a short article (200 words or less) to be included in the Fall Accounting Education News. This article should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1st.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the PricewaterhouseCoopers representative for their support of the award.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).
Michigan State University
Board of Directors Liaison
To be announced.
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page