2011-2012 AAA COMMITTEES
Deloitte Wildman Award Committee
To administer the John R. Wildman Medal award program in accordance with the terms of the grant from the Deloitte Foundation. Specifically:
- The financial award and medal is awarded annually to the author(s) of the article, book, monograph, or other work published during the five calendar years preceding the year of the award (2012) which is judged to have made or to be likely to make the most significant contribution to the advancement of the practice of public accountancy including audit, tax, and management services.
- The Deloitte Wildman Award Committee is made up of five members plus a chair appointed by the AAA President.
- One member of this committee will be nominated by the Deloitte Foundation, if it so elects.
- The committee meets as needed.
- AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will ensure the Call for Nominations web page is updated in conjunction with the Committee Directory.
- Beginning in September, the AAA Awards Coordinator (Stephanie Glaser) will arrange for the Call for Nominations announcement to be included:
- In the Fall edition of the Accounting Education News
- On the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will contact the committee chair with the dates that the awards Call for Nominations will be included on the AAA website and in multi-topic mass emails.
- During the first part of October, AAA Staff (Barbara Gutierrez) will assist with an email announcement of the Deloitte Wildman Award to the Chair of Accounting Departments.
- Members of the committee are encouraged to submit nominations.
- Nominations are due by January 31st.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator of the winner(s) at email@example.com by April 16th. The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner(s).
- The AAA President will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner, copying the Executive Director and Committee Chair.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the contact person (Janet Butchko) at Deloitte with the information about the winner(s). Deloitte is responsible for ordering the medal and financial award and arranging for it to be brought/sent to the Annual Meeting for presentation.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the President, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA Staff will notify the Chair, Deloitte representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair will write a short article (200 words or less) to be included in the Fall Accounting Education News. This article should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1st.
- The Chair will write a thank you note to the Deloitte representative for their support of the award.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).
University of Notre Dame
Board of Directors Liaison
University of Southern Denmark
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page