2011-2012 AAA COMMITTEES
Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award
Carry out all activities related to selection of the Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award recipients. Specifically:
- Select the recipient(s) of the award from those articles, monographs, or books, published in English, identified by the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee as potentially notable contributions in accounting literature.
- Coordinate selection with the Deloitte Wildman Award Committee to assure diversity of awardees. Consider the diversity and breadth of AAA member research activities.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President.
- Five committee members are appointed annually by the AICPA.
- Every other year, an AICPA representative will chair the committee.
- The committee meets as needed.
- Nominations are to be submitted by January 31st to the Chair of the Screening Committee for the Notable and Distinguished Contributions Awards, either by email or regular mail.
- The Screening Committee provides a set of nominees for the Selection Committee by March 1st.
- The committee will select award recipient(s) based on award criteria.
- The Chair (AICPA representative for 2011-2012) of the Selection Committee will send a congratulatory email/letter to the winner(s), and copy the AAA Awards Coordinator (Stephanie Glaser) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will notify the AAA Awards Coordinator of the winner at email@example.com by April 16th.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will notify the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and the Executive Director of the winner.
- After the winner(s) has been notified by the Chair of the Selection Committee, the AAA Awards Coordinator will collect biography information for the Annual Meeting Program.
- The AAA Awards Coordinator will make the arrangements for ordering and shipping the award which will be presented by the Chair at the Annual Meeting.
- A member of the AAA staff will notify the Chair of the Selection Committee, the AICPA representative, and awardee(s) with Annual Meeting onsite presentation instructions.
- The Chair of the Selection Committee will write a short article (200 words or less) to be included in the Fall Accounting Education News. This article should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 1st.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).
Roby Sawyers (AICPA Representative)
North Carolina State
*Selected by the AICPA for 2011-2012
Board of Directors Liaison
To be announced.
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page