2012-2013 AAA COMMITTEES
Global Engagement Task Force
The AAA’s Vision is to be Thought Leaders in Accounting. This Task Force is to determine how the AAA should pursue global engagement to enhance the global thought leadership and perspectives of all of its members and better serve its non-US members.
The Global Engagement Task Force is charged with identifying ways for the AAA to enhance our ability to be global thought leaders in accounting.
To do this, the Task Force shall:
- Determine how the AAA can better serve and integrate its non-US members.
- Review the range of AAA activities to assess whether any of the activities should be redesigned to enhance global engagement and perspective.
- Engage section leaders in this endeavor by sharing ideas and encouraging sections to increase their global engagement. Work with sections to determine their best practices regarding global engagement that can be shared throughout the AAA.
- Organize two Global Gatherings, in conjunction with the 2013 and 2014 AAA Annual Meetings, of leaders of accounting academic organizations-regardless of whether the organizations serve members from a single country or from multiple countries-to discuss matters of mutual interest and identify opportunities for cooperation.
- Six members, plus the President-Elect, with international experience and perspective, to serve until August 2014.
- The Task Force is encouraged to enlist the help of others in discharging its responsibilities.
- The committee meets as needed.
- The Co-Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee's Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Because time is of the essence in planning the Global Gatherings in the fourth charge, the report on that task can be made electronically.
- The Task Force should ensure that the relevant responsible AAA committee, staff member, or individual is consulted before making any recommendations for change.
- Barbara Brady, (email@example.com), Member & Leader Services Director, will provide staff support for the Global Engagement Task Force.
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page