2013-2014 AAA COMMITTEES
New Faculty Consortium Committee
Plan and hold the 2014 New Faculty Consortium in accordance with established AAA policies. Specifically:
- Review previous committees' reports and other important background material.
- Arrange for the conduct and administration of the consortium.
- Assure a diversity of topics and speakers for the program to match the diversity of attendees.
- New committee members are appointed annually by the AAA President after consultation with the Chair or Co-Chairs of the upcoming Consortium; the new Chair or Co-Chairs may ask one or more members from the prior year to extend their term a second year to allow greater continuity.
- A planning meeting will be held for the committee to decide upon a schedule for the Consortium and faculty presenters.
- The next New Faculty Consortium will be held January 30 through February 2, 2014
- The Committee compiles a list of candidates they believe would make outstanding Faculty Members at the Consortium. These additional Faculty Members may serve as presenters at the Consortium. Committee members may serve as presenting faculty at the Consortium. The final choice of additional Faculty Members is left to the Committee Chair or Co-Chairs.
- The Committee agrees upon criteria of eligibility that new faculty members must meet in order to be able to attend the Consortium. In order to determine who will be able to attend, the eligibility criteria will be applied to those new faculty members who are nominated to attend the Consortium. Potential attendees may be nominated either by a member of the academic department in which they are employed; by a member of the academic department from where the potential attendee earned his or her Ph.D.; or they may nominate themselves, with Eligibility Certification provided by the Chair of Department in which they are employed.
- After the event takes place, a report to the AAA President, Board of Directors Liaison, and Executive Director is prepared by the Chair or Co-Chairs and should include an overview of highlights of the event, a description of the program and list of participants, actual expenditures compared with the budget and the effectiveness of the program as evaluated by the Chair or Co-Chairs, Committee, Presenting Faculty, and the faculty participants. The report is to be filed no later than July 1st.
- The Chair will have the opportunity three times every term-year to prepare and send a progress report which will be available for the Board of Directors to review at their next meeting. This report should include accomplishments and suggested modifications and should be sent to the AAA President, the committee’s Board of Directors Liaison, and staff liaison, Barbara Gutierrez (email@example.com).
* Co-Chairs of New Faculty Consortium during 2014-2015 to be chosen by Christine Botosan, AAA President-Elect.
top of page
Back to AAA Committees
AAA Home Page