Call for Nominations
Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory
The Executive Committee of the Auditing Section appoints the editor-elect of the Section's journal in the year preceding the new editor's assumption of duties. The Editor Nominations Committee is charged with presenting candidates for this position to the Executive Committee.
The editor of Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory should possess the following characteristics:
- Breadth of understanding of the auditing literature and research methods.
- Understanding of auditing practice and an appreciation for the practice community.
- Experience with the editorial review process.
- Integrity and open-mindedness.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and effective collaboration with peers.
- An ability to critically analyze research.
- An ability and willingness to communicate effectively with authors, providing constructive feedback about their research.
The Editor Nominations Committee solicits your suggestions for candidates who fit these criteria. The committee will obtain vitae and references for each candidate, but would also appreciate any information you contribute in support of your nomination. Self-nominations are welcome.
Please submit nominations to Mark Beasley via email (Mark_Beasley@ncsu.edu) or regular mail (Department of Accounting, Box 8113, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695-8113) at the earliest possible date, but no later than October 1, 2006.