2008 Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium
In Conjunction with the
Fourteenth Annual Auditing Section Midyear Conference
January 17, 2008 — Sheraton Austin Hotel — Austin, Texas
The Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association, through the generous support of KPMG LLP, is sponsoring the eighth annual Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium on January 17, 2008. The Consortium will be held in the Sheraton Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas in conjunction with the Auditing Section's Midyear Conference (to be held January 18-19, 2008). The purpose of the Consortium is to stimulate students' research by exposing them to the latest ideas from leading researchers in auditing, and by providing opportunities for networking with other Ph.D. students interested in auditing, established auditing researchers, and journal editors.
The Consortium is sponsored by the Auditing Section and KPMG LLP.
- The Consortium is open to all Ph.D. students who have an interest in auditing research. Students may be at any stage in their program, and there is no limit to the number of students that may attend from any one university. However, there is a limit on the total number of students who can attend the Consortium, and applicants will be accepted on a first-come basis. Please register early.
- Students who attend the Consortium will receive up to two years of complimentary membership in the Auditing Section and the AAA.
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided during the consortium.
- The Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium is free. Any student wishing to attend must complete the registration process. For those students who would like to attend the Auditing Section Midyear Meeting (January 18-19) that follows the Consortium (January 17), the midyear meeting registration fee is $25. Deadline for consortium and conference registration is December 17. Visit the Auditing Section website (http://aaahq.org/audit/index.htm), complete the PDF registration form, and fax it to 941-923-4093. NOTE: if registering for the Doctoral Consortium only, indicate on the form you are attending the consortium only.
Students who attend the Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium are eligible to receive either (i) a complimentary one night, single-occupancy accommodation at Sheraton Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas for Wednesday night (January 16) or (ii) a two night, double-occupancy accommodation at Sheraton Austin Hotel in Austin, Texas for Wednesday and Thursday night (January 16-17).
- The room night(s) will be reimbursed AFTER the conference provided you attend the consortium for the full day and stay at the conference hotel.
- Students should make their reservation directly with the hotel and will need to provide a credit card number to the hotel. A maximum of two students can stay in one hotel room. NOTE: students who share a room should provide both names when making hotel reservations.
- The deadline for hotel reservations is December 17. We cannot guarantee that any additional rooms will be available in the hotel once our block of rooms is sold out, even if the block is sold out before the cut off date.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting, be sure to cancel hotel reservations to avoid a cancellation penalty.
- There is expected to be a wait list. So, please cancel your registration if you are not able to attend. This will allow another student who is wait-listed to attend the consortium. Email your cancellation to the AAA (firstname.lastname@example.org). Midyear Meeting cancellation requests received after December 17 will incur a $25 cancellation charge. No refunds will be available for cancellations after January 7, 2008, or for no-shows.