- AJPT Special Calls for Papers, click for information and Fall 2012 deadlines
- Communications with Audit Committees — What Changes with AS 16?
Free Webinar — November 9, 2012
- COSO Releases Internal Control–Integrated Framework for Public Comment
- 2011 PCAOB Synthesis Project Teams announced.
- First-round Research Synthesis Teams
Status Report on Projects
- Call for Papers: 20th Symposium on Auditing Research
October 11-13, 2012
- The Auditing Section is conducting an Audit Educator's Bootcamp, June 19 through 21 at Ernst & Young's Chicago, Illinois office.
- SEC Academic Fellowship Opportunities — Application Deadline: April 18, 2012
- Journal of Accounting Education invites submissions for a themed issue on auditing education topics (research papers, essays/position statement, teaching and educational notes, and educational cases). Deadline: September 1, 2011.
- ISAR 2011
- PCAOB Academic Fellow sought for 2011-2012. Click here for details.
- Call for PCAOB Research Program Participants
Deadline: May 10
Click here for details.
- Webinar: "The ASB Clarity Project" on June 10. Click here for information.
- Call for Editor Nominations — Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory
- SEC seeks Faculty Fellows for 2010-2011
- Status of PCAOB Research Synthesis Projects
- 2010 Auditing Section
Mid-Year Conference, January 14-16, at the Westin in San Diego
- Request for Research Proposals
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and the International Association for Accounting Education and Research (IAAER) are pleased to invite research proposals to support the work of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB). The program supports academic research directed at informing the IAASB’s standard setting activities. Funded projects will be showcased at three events involving representatives from the IAASB as well as renowned researchers specializing in the area of audit and assurance. The deadline for submission of preliminary proposals is September 15, 2009. Additional information is available at http://iaaer.org/research/index.htm
- KPMG Continues Generous Support
The Auditing Section is pleased to announce KPMG Foundation will extend its financial support for the Section's Mid-Year Conference and Auditing Section Doctoral Consortium for 2007, 2008, and 2009. The KPMG Foundation provides up to $45,000 of funding in support of the Mid-Year Conference over a three year period, generally in the amounts approximating $15,000 per year. The funding commitment for the Doctoral Consortium is $11,000 per year for each of three years. This generous financial commitment made by the KPMG Foundation has been a significant factor in ensuring the success of the Section's Mid-Year Conference. Read more...
- Click here to view the Auditing Section's first Webinar on COSO's new Guidance on Monitoring Controls, featuring Mark Beasley.
- The Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for 2010-2011 section officers. Deadline November 24.
- Call for Nominations to the Nominating Committee
- Nominations for 2010 Awards of the Auditing Section are due July 1, 2009. Click here for more information.
- Proposed Change to the Section By-Laws. Read the details here.
- The Final Report of the Department of the Treasury’s Advisory Committee on the Auditing Profession has been released.
- PCAOB Proposes New Auditing Standards Related to the Auditor's Assessment of and Responses to Risk.
- SEC Academic Fellowships for 2009/2010
The Securities and Exchange Commission is seeking applicants for the position of visiting academic fellow for the academic year 2009/2010. These fellowships offer an exciting opportunity for an accounting professor to be directly involved in the work of the SEC and to gain insight into the SEC’s oversight and regulatory processes. Click Here For details of the program.
- COSO Seeks New Chair
COSO (the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission) is seeking a new Board Chair. The elected position will commence on June 1, 2009 for a three-year term. COSO is structured as a committee, which includes a Board Chair and a Board Member from each of COSO’s five voluntary organizations and founding sponsors: AICPA, AAA, FEI, IIA and IMA. The COSO Board Chair provides strategic oversight for COSO, serves as the organization’s key representative to the external marketplace (SEC, PCAOB, U.S. Department of Treasury, and related global organizations), and is a voting member of the COSO Board. Candidates for the Board Chair position must be highly experienced and recognized thought leaders in risk management, internal controls, governance, and fraud deterrence. View the full Summary Position Description of the COSO Board Chair and nomination process.
- Center for Audit Quality (CAQ)
CAQ Announces Requests for Research Proposals, with a deadline of May 15, 2009.
3rd International Accounting Congress
ANPCONT (Associação Nacional dos Programas de Pós-Graduação em Ciências Contábeis) is pleased to announce that the Association is the co-host of IAAER's (International Association for Accounting Education and Research). first international accounting congress to be held in South America. A special component of the two day conference will be a half day IFRS workshop co-hosted by the IASCF. All conference sessions will be held at the Universidade de São Paulo. The conference theme is Accounting internationalization: current and future trends. More detail...
- Call for Papers for IT Audit Research Symposium
The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) International Advanced Technology Committee (ATC) and The IIA Research Foundation (IIARF) are pleased to announce the fourth IT Auditing Research Symposium, to be held in 2009. Proposals are due March 6, 2009. Download the call for papers. (PDF, 442KB)
- The Seventh Annual Information Security Symposium was held on Friday February 27, 2009 in Akron, Ohio. The theme of this year's symposium was "Systems, Security and Assurance Issues in Migration to International Financial Reporting Standards."
- ISAR 2009
Call for papers
- IFAC Issues New Standard on Auditor Competence
The International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) International Accounting Education Standards Board has issued a new standard on auditor competence. This new standard outlines the skills, training, professional values, and attitudes necessary for auditors to perform competently. Effective July 1, 2008, IFAC member bodies will be expected to modify their policies and procedures to ensure that audit professionals meet the requirements of this new standard. Read more about this…
- New PhD Student Paper Award
- 2009 Midyear Auditing Section Conference —
Call for Submissions
- 39th Annual Conference of the Decision Science Institute
Auditing Section Home Page