Call for Nominations
Financial Accounting and Reporting Section
2009 Best Paper Award
The Financial Accounting and Reporting Section specifically recognizes the desirability of promoting effective and mutually beneficial interaction among academic and practicing members. This interaction occurs at Section activities and through research performed by Section members.
The Best Paper Award is intended to enhance such interaction and provide an incentive for researchers to focus their efforts on topics relevant to the practicing profession and standard-setters. The award will be made to the author(s) of a financial accounting and reporting paper judged to best reflect the tradition of academic scholarship, readability and relevance to problems facing the accounting profession and standard-setters.
Award Procedures and Rules
- Papers must have been published within the five calendar years (2004-2008) prior to the award year and must be submitted (nominated) to the Chair of the Awards Committee NO LATER THAN March 1, 2009. A paper nominated shall be accompanied by a letter, preferably by a non-author of the paper, explaining the basis for the nomination.
- At least one author of the paper must be a member of the Financial Accounting and Reporting Section.
- An appropriately engraved plaque and cash prize of $1,000 will be presented to the
author(s) of the winning paper at the Section's luncheon held during the annual AAA meeting.
- Papers not selected for the award may be re-submitted for nomination in subsequent years, subject to the five-year limitation.
- Papers will be judged by an Awards Committee appointed by the President of the Section.
- Email the nominated paper (in a PDF file) and the accompanying nomination letter (in Word, Wordperfect, or PDF format) by March 1, 2009 to the chair of the Best Paper Award:
Professor Patricia Dechow