Call for Nominations
Outstanding Auditing Dissertation Award
The Auditing Section seeks nominations for its annual Outstanding Auditing Dissertation Award. The author of the dissertation judged to make the most outstanding contribution to auditing knowledge among those dissertations nominated for consideration, in addition to the recipient's dissertation chair, will receive the award. The assessment of what constitutes an outstanding contribution will be based upon, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Timeliness and importance of the problem(s) addressed.
- Creativity of the research.
- Development of an appropriate theoretical framework.
- Appropriateness of the research method and analysis.
- Potential for publication in a scholarly journal.
- Potential for the results to have an impact on the practice of auditing.
Selection of the award recipient will be made by the Section's Outstanding Dissertation in Auditing Selection Committee. A dissertation may be nominated either by the author or one or more members of the dissertation committee. To be considered complete, nominations must include:
- A letter from the dissertation chairperson stating that the dissertation has been completed and accepted by the degree-granting institution between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2012 (including the date of the formal completion of the dissertation). Dissertations can benominated more than once.
- A nomination letter stating why the dissertation is deserving of special recognition.
- An electronic copy of a paper from the dissertation that meets the criteria for papers submitted to Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory (refer to the latest issue for requirements related to length and other matters, e.g., submission of experimental instruments).
- An electronic copy of the entire dissertation.
Please submit all materials to Mark H. Taylor via email (email@example.com) or by mail at the earliest possible date, but no later than July 15, 2013.
Mark H. Taylor
Department of Accountancy
Weatherhead School of Management
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7235