Call for Nominations
Distinguished Contributions to
Accounting Literature Award
The Screening Committee for the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award is currently accepting nominations of research of exceptional merit for the 2013 Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award.
The nominations must meet the following criteria:
- Uniqueness and magnitude of contribution to accounting education, practice and/or future accounting research originality and innovative content; clarity and organization of exposition; soundness and appropriateness of methodology.
- The selection process shall consider the breadth of accounting research in terms of topic areas and methods.
- Items must have been published more than five years but not more than 15 years prior to the award. Papers that have already been recognized with a Notable Contributions to Accounting Literature Award are not eligible for the Distinguished Contributions Award.
- The winner(s) will receive an award and a $2,500 prize at the 2013 AAA Annual Meeting.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations are due by January 31.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a brief supporting statement (up to 300 words) summarizing reasons for the nomination that are consistent with the award selection criteria.
- Nominations for the award should be submitted to the Chair of the Notable and Distinguished Contributions to Accounting Literature Award Screening Committee, Professor Linda Mills Marquis by January 31, either by email or regular mail to:
Dr. Linda Mills Marquis
Northern Kentucky University
Accountancy, Finance and Business Law
24 Silver Ave
Covington, KY 41017-2909