Call for Nominations
AAA Competitive Manuscript Award
The Competitive Manuscript Award Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2015 Competitive Manuscript Award.
- The American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award encourages research among members of the Association who have earned their Ph.D. within the past five years.
- Any subject matter in the field of accounting is proper for inclusion.
- Manuscripts must generally conform to the style and length requirements of The Accounting Review.
- Co-authored papers are not eligible.
- Previously published manuscripts, or those submitted for publication to journals other than The Accounting Review before the contest decision, are not eligible.
- The AAA Competitive Manuscript Award Committee, appointed by the Council Committee on Awards Committee to review submitted manuscripts, will select as many as three winners.
- Winning manuscripts will be awarded a certificate designated as the American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
- Only electronic submissions in a PDF file will be accepted.
- Manuscripts will be subject to a blind review; therefore all personal information, any "identifying" information, acknowledgements on the title or abstract page, including the author’s dissertation chair and other committee members (which would indicate the school the author is from), a list of schools where the paper has been presented, and awards the paper previously won should be removed prior to submission in order facilitate a truly "blind" review. Any identifying information in the submission will be removed by the AAA Awards Coordinator prior to sending the viewing information to the Chair.
- Each nomination must include:
- An electronic submission in a PDF file of the manuscript, and
- A cover letter stating the mailing address, the date Ph.D. degree was awarded, and a statement to the effect that the manuscript has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication by other journals at the time of the manuscript contest.
- Please attach a PDF file of the manuscript and cover letter to an email and send to Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2015 Competitive Manuscript" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the AAA Awards Coordinator.