Call for Nominations
AAA Competitive Manuscript Award
The Competitive Manuscript Award Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2013 Competitive Manuscript Award.
- The American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award encourages research among members of the Association and associate members who have earned their Ph.D. within the past five years.
- Any subject matter in the field of accounting is proper for inclusion in this contest.
- Manuscripts must generally conform to the style and length requirements of The Accounting Review.
- Co-authored papers are not eligible.
- Previously published manuscripts, or those submitted for publication to journals other than The Accounting Review before the contest decision, are not eligible.
- The AAA Competitive Manuscript Award Committee, appointed by the President of the Association to review submitted manuscripts, will select as many as three winners.
- Winning manuscripts will be awarded a certificate designated as the American Accounting Association Competitive Manuscript Award.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Only electronic submissions in Word format will be accepted.
- Manuscripts prepared in accordance with guidelines in The Accounting Review must be received in the Association's administrative office by the deadline date of February 1.
- Manuscripts will be subject to a blind review, and all personal information from the submission is removed by the AAA Awards Coordinator prior to sending the viewing information to the Chair.
- The email or cover letter should include mailing address, the date Ph.D. degree was awarded, and a statement to the effect that the manuscript has not been previously published and is not being considered for publication by other journals at the time of the manuscript contest.
- Attach a Word file (not a PDF file) to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Competitive Manuscript" in the subject line.