Call for Nominations
Outstanding Accounting Educator Award
Thank you to the PricewaterhouseCoopers Foundation for generously supporting the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award!
The Outstanding Accounting Educator Award Committee is currently accepting nominations for the 2015 Outstanding Accounting Educator Award.
- Nominations are especially encouraged that propose educators whose career contributions have been at universities other than large doctoral-granting institutions.
- Any person or group may make nominations.
- No members of the Board of Directors or nominee for office shall be eligible to receive the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award while a member of the Board of Directors or while a nominee for office.
- As a matter of policy, members of the Board of Directors and nominees for office will abstain from writing letters of endorsement supporting individuals for the Outstanding Accounting Educator Award.
The Outstanding Accounting Educator Award recognizes contributions to accounting education from scholarly endeavors in research and teaching over a sustained period of time through:
- Educational innovation,
- Excellence in teaching,
- Research guidance to graduate students, and
- Significant involvement in professional and academic societies and activities.
- A nominee need not excel in each of these general criteria to merit consideration for the award.
- The winner(s) will be announced in Accounting Education News and presented with an award, citation, and $5,000 at the AAA Annual Meeting.
- An additional $5,000 will be donated by the PricewaterhouseCoopers Foundation to the AAA in the winner's name.
- The award winner will determine how the AAA will use the funds.
Instructions for Submitting Nominations
- Nominations are due by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on January 31.
- Each nomination must include:
- A nomination letter that clearly identifies the nominee, the nominee's current address, if possible, and a statement that summarizes, in terms of the award criteria, why the nominee merits consideration, and
- The nominee's current curriculum vitae and other appropriate evidence documenting the nominee's accomplishments. This evidence normally includes (but is not limited to) letters from students, alumni, colleagues, or professional organizations that speak to the qualities summarized in the nomination.
- Please attach the nomination and materials to an email and send to, Stephanie Glaser, AAA Awards Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org with "2015 Outstanding Accounting Educator Award" in the subject line of your email.
- Upon receipt of your nomination you will receive an acknowledgment message from the AAA Awards Coordinator.