The conference will be held at the Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida during November 4-6, 2011. The Westin Fort Lauderdale Hotel is only fifteen minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport, and pristine beaches are only minutes away. Complementary internet access and self-parking are included in the room rate.
The conference will consist of plenary, concurrent, and panel discussion sessions that explore differences among people in organizations and many accounting research topics. We welcome your participation in the conference. Easy online registration is available through the meetings page on the AAA website.
We welcome your paper submissions as well as your proposals for panel discussions and workshops.
Participation in the following areas is invited:
- Papers (including developed abstracts and completed papers)
- Embryonic research proposals
- Panel discussions and workshops
Papers, research proposals, and panels may encompass any topical area of accounting related to diversity and may be theoretical or practice-oriented. The program will be structured around the submissions accepted for presentation.
GENERAL TOPIC AREAS FOR SUBMISSIONS
Academic Curricula, Pedagogy, Diversity in Business, Diversity in Higher Education, Gender Issues, History, Other (Please Specify). In addition, this call solicits those willing to serve as discussant and / or session moderator.
To submit a paper, research proposal, or panel for consideration, send an e-mail with the paper as a Word® file attachment without author identification to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Diversity Submission" in the subject of the message. In addition, the e-mail message should contain the following:
- Title of the paper, research proposal, or panel.
- Classification of your submission as paper, research proposal, or panel.
- Your full name(s) as it/they should be printed in the Proceedings.
- Your position (student, if applicable) and affiliation.
- Your complete mailing address.
- Your telephone numbers (office/fax/other).
- Your e-mail address.
- The topic area of your submission. If possible, classify your article into one of the topic areas listed above.
- Otherwise, identify your topic area.
- Your willingness to serve as a moderator or discussant at the conference.
Accepted submissions obligate the author (or one co-author) to register for the meeting and present the paper at its scheduled time.
- Submit papers by September 12th.
- Acceptances will be emailed by September 19th.
- Last day to register without late fees is October 14th.
- Conference hotel rates are not guaranteed if not booked by October 14th.